Government of Punjab is very keen to improve the living standards of Southern Punjab. PSIC has designed an ADP project for local crafts of Bahawalnagar & Cholistan under ADP 2012-13 to 2014-15. This project is aimed to promote the traditional Crafts in districts of Bahawalpur Division specially to empower female entrepreneurs through skill development in numerous arts & crafts pertaining to the cultural heritage of the area, extending Mirco Credit facility for purchase of Tools/Machinery & Working Capital enabling poor to stand on their feet. The projects will also help in generating new jobs and poverty alleviation. In fact embroidery is the predominant craft of cottage industry that is widely practiced craft in Cholistan and Bahawalnagar District :-
IMPACT OF PSIC INTERVENTIONS:
- Identification of Clusters, Cluster based Training
- Development of New Designs
- Marketing through Development of Catalogue, Branding & Display / Sales at Mega Stores.
- Provision of Training at embroidery clusters of Bahawalnagar & Cholistan.
- Provision of Marketing Access according to principles of “Fairs Trade” through PSIC Handicrafts Shops all over Punjab to increase the sale on better price.
- Arrangement of Competitions between the Artisans of local Crafts.
- Provision of new designs, Value addition in the traditional crafts.
- Establishment of Display and Sale Point at Rahim Yar Khan.
- Develop Catalogue of products for the marketing of cluster.
- Provision of Markup Free Loan to the artisans and on priority to passed-out trainees for self-employment.
- Participations in fairs & exhibition through TDAP, TDCP, PBIT, DFID, and other public and international agencies to explore new markets.
- Advisory services to local Artisans and Cholistani Female Folk.
- Collaboration with NGOs having similar objectives to benefit the artisans.
brochure inner page
brochure outr page03